Sunday, March 8, 2009

I'm Think I'm Starting to Show My Age


I love old barns. They're full of such character and history. I grew up playing in barns, climbing up in the haylofts, and hiding behind the hay bales. I loved the smell of barns. My grandparents' barn always smelled of drying tobacco leaves. I pass this barn every morning on my way to work and it brings back such pleasant memories.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful shot Kim. I'd love to hear the stories that old barn could tell! Nicely done!

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful Kim! I love old wooden structures. Too many are going the way of the DoDo bird so pictures like this will be all that will remain. TFS
Sue

Ron a.k.a. Danudin said...

Couldn't you just explore in there for hours on end.

Chesney said...

LOVE this image you did an awesome job capturing the character and personality of this old guy!!

Anonymous said...

I love this photo, with the graying building against the gray sky. It's just beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Great shot Kim! I love the way that gray sky gives the whole photo a foreboding look.

Unknown said...

I agree with you - love the textures and colours. We need more old barns!!

Anonymous said...

The barn looks like it may be in the first stages of severe neglect. The threatening sky only adds to that feeling. Good find and great shot.

I agree with others, and with you, Kim. I love old barns. Grew up climbing up into the hay loft and jumping around onto the bales of hay. Brings back sights and sounds and smells. Pigeons flying from the roof and making nests any where they could find a place out of the busy traffic area. Hay bales dragged across the floor left it polished like a gemstone! Wonderful memories.

Anonymous said...

One of the nicest barn photos I've seen!

Anonymous said...

Kim, you did a great job on this one. It almost looks like a painting.

MevetS said...

Very nice.

Anonymous said...

Then I am getting old too. I love old barns as well. Nice shot!