
In trying to improve my health and eating habits this year, I thought I would try to incorporate yogurt into my diet. Having never tasted it before (yes, you read correctly!), I bought a few containers and tried my first one this morning. No one warned me that when I peeled off the lid, it had the potential to splatter all over me! (Our first conflict!) And what can I say about the taste? Um.... does "yuck" sum it up??? How about "blech?" Or "gross!" Does that pretty much cover it? Suffice it to say that yogurt and I have agreed to go our separate ways; although I really think that "spattering" thing was completely uncalled for!
15 comments:
Kim, maybe you should try a different brand. I had never even tried yogurt until a few years ago and am actually quite fond of Yoplait Light raspberry yogurt, especially when it's mixed with low-fat granola. In any event, your picture of the full container of yogurt in the garbage really captured your dislike it. Great job! :)
Bilingual eh, I didn't know you were fluent in "Yetch!!"
My sentiments exactly! Great photo--shows the perfect place to put the stuff!
I'm convinced yogurt is just pudding in some horrible stage past it's prime. The same way I believe that bagels are donuts that didn't work out right. The garbage can locale was a great way to convey your experience with the stuff.
Terrific shot, Kim! We are a yogurt loving family. My husband hates to do the grocery shopping because there is one brand for me, one for the kids, and one for the dog. Sorry, but yogurt rocks!
Very funny, how dare that yogart splatter you! I don't think yogart likes you anymore than you like him, and I think he got even....better watch your back!
Oh dear, it certainly was rude for it to splatter. And I'm not overly fond of the stuff either. Funny shot.
Sorry about the extra post - the first one didn't make sense and I couldn't "edit".
Anyway - try vanilla yogurt. It tastes the custard from the inside of a custard-filled donut (yummy). Stir in your own fresh fruit for an extra treat.
LOL!! I love it Kim (not the yogurt)!!
Love yoghurt, make my own sometimes but it has to be the plain white stuff and no sugar - and, oh yes, I often have it with my dinner as a dressing with cucumber and spring onions or just spooned on my muesli :)
Feeling good now? Queasy at all? - rofl!
Love the post
(poor yoghurt though)
Have to agree with "Linda aka Elemobe" - I have made my own (better than store-bought). Vanilla yogurt is actually the best because you can 'dress it up'. And yes, the plain goes very well as a dressing on a baked potato, salad, etc. You get the idea. Good take on the theme.
ok I only like plain but with peeled cucumbers and pepermint...a syrian dish called yebedeh (which I think just stands for yogurt) but I can't stand the fruit in yogurt either
I can't stand the fruit yoghurt either - but I like plain yoghurt sweetened with honey or maple syrup. Funny post!
hide it in a smoothie next time! (if there ever is a next time? lol)
fun photo...sorry your experience didn't go as you had planned!
Post a Comment