
Even though this is my firm's busiest time of year, staff members still recognized the tremendous importance of today's historic event and paused long enough to gather together to watch the inauguration of our first African-American president. For the first time is a long time, I'm proud of our Nation.
8 comments:
It was an amazing day. Walked into my afternoon class (which starts at 12:30) and said "Well, we now have a new President" and the room burst into applause. Have been sitting on the couch since I got home, watching live and recorded coverage. Goosebumps!
An amazing day indeed. I was away from T.V. but even just trying to catch up on the blogs was shot after shot of this historic day. I certainly never thought I'd ever like looking at photos of screens
You captured a moment in history, Kim, very cool!!
I'm so glad people are sharing their inauguration experience by posting these images. As a transplanted American, it makes me feel more a part of the historical day...
I spent most of the day in front of the TV, something I almost NEVER do. When the Chief Justice called him, "Mr. President" I just burst into tears. Somehow, I've been holding my breath since Nov. 4, just waiting for something to happen, someone to say, "It's just a dream. It's not real."
It is real! President Barack Obama. Yeah!
(Now, if Bush'll just move out of Texas . . .)
Great photo, Kim. I think that we all had very similar experiences and we can make such good connections.
I'll bet that scene was repeated in workplaces all over the country. I was home watching it with my 16 year old daughter. When I got into work today, I saw that they'd hauled a TV into the conference room so anyone who wanted to could watch it. I was glad to share it with my daughter, but I also would have liked to have been part of a group. No matter--even the air feels better now!
I watched every bit of the inauguration that morning, Canadian but more than pleased about this historical day. Isn't it wonderful that we're all able to share in it thanks to technology.
Post a Comment