
Introducing Mr. Re-Boot! This is Kevin, our IT guy. I call him "Nick Burns - Company Computer Guy" just to tease him. If you're familiar with the old Saturday Night Live sketch with Jimmy Fallon as the nerdy, geeky, patronizing company computer guy, it's totally the opposite of Kevin but Kevin "gets" it and he thinks it's funny. The catch-phrase of Nick Burns is "MOVE!" After instructing the staff member having computer problems, always in a very technical term, on how to fix their problem and they look at him cluelessly, he yells in a disgusted tone of voice, "MOVE!" and fixes the problem in two seconds flat. Then he'll say, "Now was that so hard, genius?" Now when he comes in to help me with a problem, he just yells, "MOVE!" I think I've ruined him! ;-)
http://www.hulu.com/watch/19050/saturday-night-live-nick-burns
4 comments:
All the signs of the devoted IT guy...surrounded by wires, pale skin...ask him if he keeps a secret stash of outdated, broken, discarded or otherwise unused computer/electronic parts. Thanks for the reminder of the SNL bit; I had forgotten it. Another good one!
Hey, that's my husband you are talking about - ha!! Great description and image to go with the description, don't know about you, but our favorite movie here is "office space"!
He has a very pleasant face. Sounds like his temperament matches it!
And he doesn't look the least bit intimidated to have all those wires behind him!
When this picture started loading, I saw the cabling and thought "IT guy". You've captured him on his turf!
Nice photo in tough lighting conditions.
Post a Comment