Saturday, February 28, 2009

What's Wrong With This Picture?


A child's toy was in our parking lot this morning when I drove in. A child much too young to be out playing unsupervised would have been riding this in a parking lot! There are apartment buildings next door to us and these children seem often to be out playing unattended. Something about seeing this toy left here like this just chills my heart. Bold

8 comments:

Chesney said...

I hate seeing this too! I hate seeing unattended small children (which unfortunately, we see a lot)! I can't believe you noticed that - great eye!!

Ron a.k.a. Danudin said...

You don't know, it could be some tough Biker Kid out looking for the tough Bikers kindergaten Bar so that he can drink milk out of a dirty bottle just cause he is tough. You know the kind of baby that slapped the Gyno back at birth.

Anonymous said...

That's pathetic Kim ... thank goodness there's no chalk outline next to the trike this time.

It's a powerful photo. Resisting a tighter crop gives it good scale, and the colors of the trike don't give you a chance to miss the point, unless of course you're the too busy parents.

Anonymous said...

You just want to snatch the parents up and give them a good shake! But they are the kind that never learn. Who knows where the child is? The object is too low to be seen while backing up a vehicle, and makes one wonder if they leave a child unattended in a parking lot anyway.

Good shot. Powerful image.

Candyce said...

It's amazing how careless some people can be :(

Esther said...

You have a right to be concerned. There have been two accidents in the last week here where toddlers have been run over by family members in their own driveways. Kids are just too fast. The one 2-year-old was in the backyard playing when the man got into the truck...then was behind it in a split second. Heartbreaking!

Linda S said...

I am always warning my kids not to run across the street (when I'm walking right next to them), because if they fall a car would never see them. Those little tricycles couldn't possibly be seen by a motorist backing up. I I think parents just forget that cars CANNOT see little ones, especially when they are in reverse.

Anonymous said...

Makes you shudder to think how close to traffic they were playing...

Enjoyed catching up with your blog Kim - my thoughts are about how very creative you are, with a photographic eye to envy! Excellent, very clever images.