
I was picking up massive amounts of broken tree limbs this morning as a result of our recent ice storm when my eyes fell on this emerging crocus in our rock bed! I was thrilled to see an actual flower and not just the green stem you usually get this time of year. I guess Mother Nature can sense when you need some small promise of good things to come!
14 comments:
And what a promise that is - absolutely beautiful! I wish mine were popping thru, but not usually until April or so. Thanks for sharing your burst of color!!
I love the contrast of the rocks and the flower. Thanks for sharing your hope for spring--most all of us can use it. Nice to see an actual flower.
Great concept--the title really brings something extra to the photo
What a nice shot! The colors are great and the contrast of the flower and the rocks is great. Not to mention that that there's some hope to put this winter out of all of our miseries.
Nice. It is thrilling, especially after the havoc you had.
what a find! pretty in with the rocks like that...and perfect timing too...enough of winter already, bring on spring (for those of us in winter)
It's a wonderful contradiction, the rocks and the very determined, optimistic crocus pushing up! I'm glad you shared this shot, it really lifts my spirits. It IS a feeling of hope!
This is just beautiful! Love the juxtaposition of the textural stones & the delicacy of the flowers!
Nicely composed, great colors...and a great harbinger for SPRING!
Great composition, Kim. Love those spring flowers.
Thank the rocks for the early flower! They held the heat which transferred to the flower bulb and forced it to bloom. :D
Great shot. I like the contrast between the rough rocks and the crocus' striking colors. And yes, hope does spring eternal. We have to hold on to those dreams or else we have nothing left to hope for.
We are still cutting, hauling and picking up after the storm here in NE AR. Lots of hard work yet to go.
What a great shot of those intrepid little blooms!
Yea...it's really true, Spring will come!! I love those crocuses when they first pop through the ground. I like your shot.
I like the contrast with the rocks
Post a Comment