Thursday, February 5, 2009

Maybe a little pruning would help


The tree devastation that I pass on my way to work every morning. It is heartbreaking!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

How sad, and sadder is the fact that most likely there aren't nearly enough arborists to help the trees recover and any knot head with a chain saw will be buzzing away.

Anonymous said...

That's devastating Kim ... how sad.

Chesney said...

Unfortunately, it will take a long time to "heal"! That makes me sad - our storm happened a few years ago and our poor trees still look sad (and bad)! :(

Ron a.k.a. Danudin said...

My dealings with nature indicate that things like that happen for "Her" reasons, we aren't supposed to understand, just clean up to the best of our feeble ability and let "Her" get on with "Her" business.

DART said...

Yikes! That is hard to look at...

KimR. said...

Kim, We have trees that look like that here in NE Kentucky, too. Ours had almost recovered from our last ice storm in 2003.

I know that many people over your way are still without power and I hope and pray that is remedied soon. I cannot imagine being in this cold without electricity and water! I hope your weekend is supposed to be warmer like it is here--I'm sooooo ready to get rid of the snow that's covering things.

jo said...

Wow. What a "little" winter storm can do!

~Val said...

Water - frozen or not - can be so devastating. Hopefully they can clean this up in a way that nurtures those big pretty trees.

Sheila said...

Kim -
I know you are not in Massachusetts but it sure looks like what we went thru a month or so ago. The trees are going to take forever to recover and I'm not even sure pruning would help!

Anonymous said...

This is what it looks like here in NE Arkansas too. We were without power for 9 days. Just got it back on late yesterday afternoon. There are others that are still without as great sections of power lines are still on the ground.

We live right across the street from the school and they still do not have power.

Thankfully, we had it better than most. We have a fireplace, gas range and hot water tank, and the water was on. Our area was hit worse than just a few miles up the road. We still haven't been able to determine how many trees we've lost - out of 21. Some are split so terribly and some on the ground. Others are mangled so badly they may not survive.

Right now, I'd like to have someone who knows what they are doing and had a chainsaw. My late husband knew as he had been a woodsman. My current DH does the best he can, but he doesn't have the talent or the abilities. We are too old to live through this again!

mljrbg said...

The devastation is very sad. Hope the trees perk up.

Anonymous said...

Very sad but it sure does illustrate the theme of devastation.