
We were anticipating snow today and I noticed on my way to work this morning that the county road crews had put a brine solution down on the major roads. We did indeed get the snow but due to the brine solution, it stuck on the grass but melted off the roads. Pretty cool!
8 comments:
Nice shot and treatment to show the lines Kim. The brines aren't perfect but they're a lot less harmful than rock salt to land and cars. If they are newly used in your part of the country it's a big step in the green direction!!
The shot is great and so is that safety service.
The application is very interesting (in those neat lines). Nice processing....and glad you can get around safely now!
This is really cool - love the effects on this and all the details and color it brought out!
Are you sure you weren't heading for that McDonald's? Great shot and processing. We have salt for the snow here and it's gets all over the house.
I've never heard of using a brine solution. It does make great lines in the street. We get plenty of snow and we use salt on the main roads. Interesting alternative.
I like the lines and the processing too, very nice.
I really like the shot! I also like the idea of a road treatment you can put down BEFORE the snow, rather than sanding bridges, etc., AFTER. (If you live in the boonies like I do, if the bridges near you get sanded at all, they get sanded last! Makes for an interesting commute to work, for sure! And no matter how much ice there is, only the bridges get treated!)
Post a Comment