This is one of the staircases that winds around to the upper floors in the infamous Stanley Hotel. This is the hotel that served as the inspiration to Stephen King's "The Shining." Looking down made me dizzy!
I think the dizzy feeling comes from the pattern of the carpet. I had to leave one hotel catering rooms because the carpet made me sick just looking at it. I really like your angle on the stairwell and the color combinations.
12 comments:
Love this photo - very unique! Cool hotel, eh? This image might even convice Steven to visit your blog... ;-)
Val! hahahaha! Never! Not even this! Steven is blog-phobic! ;-)
What a great perspective! Didn't you just love this grand hotel, imagine it in it's day! See any ghosts??
I think the dizzy feeling comes from the pattern of the carpet. I had to leave one hotel catering rooms because the carpet made me sick just looking at it.
I really like your angle on the stairwell and the color combinations.
Wow what a great perspective and the carpet pattern just makes you so dizzy. I love Stephen King books - would love to see this hotel. Scary though!
Great angle to shoot this and it is indeed dizzying. It sure is fun going on vacation with you and others.
This is a striking photo!
Great picutre, Kim. I can't wait to get there.
Nice. I love the patterns.
Makes me kind of dizzy too. Great picture - great angle. Would love to see the hotel too - but not stay the night I guess, haha.
Beautiful!! It took me a minute to figure out what it was.
This photo has a lot of interesting elements, from the angles and curves to the color to the carpet pattern. Great catch!
Post a Comment