I just returned from a weeklong vacation in the Rocky Mountains. It is perhaps the most beautiful place I've ever seen! This picture was taken in Colorado Springs at Garden of the Gods.
I like the formation but suggest you refrain from naming it that until you come to Australia and see Uluru, the Bungle Bungles or even the rock escarpments of the Inland Kimberlies.
Ron - I didn't make up that name. That's really the name of the place where these rock formations are. But I'll just bet the rock escarpments of the Inland Kimberlies are a real knockout! ;-)
We spent almost 2 weeks in the Rockies last year and that has to be one of my favorite vacation locations! Garden of the Gods is awesome and you captured it brilliantly!
14 comments:
It's awesome, isn't it? We'll be there in a few weeks. Great photo!!
Yes, Val! It really is! I envy you! I'm ready to go back!
Wow Kim, that's a beautiful shot!! Nicely done ... it looks like you had some nice weather too. Great colors!!
I like the formation but suggest you refrain from naming it that until you come to Australia and see Uluru, the Bungle Bungles or even the rock escarpments of the Inland Kimberlies.
Beautiful colors and composition, Kim!
Ron - I didn't make up that name. That's really the name of the place where these rock formations are. But I'll just bet the rock escarpments of the Inland Kimberlies are a real knockout! ;-)
We spent almost 2 weeks in the Rockies last year and that has to be one of my favorite vacation locations! Garden of the Gods is awesome and you captured it brilliantly!
I wish I could vacation in these red-rock locales more often. Have to go to Australia to get something to compare.
What a beautiful place!
Great photo with awesome colors!
Gorgeous!! It's on my wish list of places to go.
Stunning color!
I'd love to visit here someday - this is just stunning!
Amazing sight! I love how that gorgeous blue sky contrasts with the red rocks...
Post a Comment